23 November 2011
It is with great pleasure I’d like to share that Yahoo! has completed the algorithmic transition to Bing in all global markets (except Korea), across desktop and mobile, for all Yahoo! and syndication traffic. This has been a huge effort spanning 20-plus months involving many people across Yahoo! and Microsoft. Only Korea, which involve
s a three-way integration between Yahoo, Microsoft and Daum, remains, and is expected to complete by the end of the year.
- Cutting over to the Bing backend was not simply a matter of technical integration through the Bing API. We worked with Microsoft to ensure that Bing’s algorithmic quality in each of these markets was on par or better than Yahoo!’s quality. Wherever we found quality gaps, we worked collaboratively with our counterparts at Bing to provide data driven assessments of quality gaps to help us close the gaps quickly. Only when both teams had established that the quality bar in a market was met, did we green light the cutover.
I often get asked what makes the algo transition effort so complex. Here are some of the interesting challenges we’ve had to deal with to provide some color to the effort:
- We had to cutover web, image and video search experiences from Yahoo!’s search technology backend to Bing’s algorithmic backend for 40-plus markets, across desktop and mobile devices.
- In addition to Yahoo’s owned and operated search experiences, we also had to cut over hundreds of our syndication partners in more than 50 markets, while ensuring a smooth transition for users of our wildly popular Yahoo! Search BOSS service.
- A very important design principle was to
- ensure availability of all key user experience elements of the Yahoo! search experience post-cutover. This meant that we had to perform a comprehensive analysis of product features per market, assess which of those would require support from the Bing platform, and which features Yahoo! would have to continue to develop and invest in.
- Creating a migration path to Bing Webmaster tools for users of Yahoo! Site Explorer, while continuing to support Site Explorer for international users during the transition period proved challenging.
- We had to confirm Bing could handle Yahoo’s capacity across multiple global datacenters, including new ones that were brought online to serve the needs of the Search Alliance. The fact that all the cutovers went remarkably smoothly and were essentially non-events from an operational perspective is a testament to the thorough job both teams did.
- For all our major markets, we ran com
prehensive bucket tests to compare the Yahoo! search experience going against the Yahoo! and Bing backends. We monitored key user experience metrics to ensure that the product experience post cutover would be on par or better for our customers.
- We had to put in place support and customer care processes that ensured user concerns and content issues were handled appropriately between our companies, working through policy differences to ensure the right outcome for all stakeholders.
For those of us who have been deeply involved in the algo transition, this has easily been one of the best learning experiences of our professional lives. All the late nights, war room huddles, SeaTac trips and time away from families, all of the technical deep dives, business negotiations, ‘pausing & unpausing’ , have all been worth it. I am extraordinarily privileged to have worked with an exceptional group of people, both within Yahoo! and Microsoft — you all know who you are. Thank you so much for your dedication and commitment to delivering the best possible search experience for our users.
14 November 2011
Initiated by a crew of highly dexterous and adept professionals Synchronous IT Lab Private Ltd has launched the Software training in Ranchi for the first time ever .Our company pioneers in software training programmes by providing quality training and applying advanced and standard tools of technology. We are proud to declare that our company provides the platform that opens before you the wide door of IT global market. Our training methodology, programmes are designed in a manner to satisfy the trainees as well as to meet the demands of the IT industry. After years of research work Synchronous has come up with that perfect and job oriented curriculum and syllabus which is not only easy to grasp but very challenging for the global market. We are confident that all of the training we deliver is of excellent standard and are constantly striving to improve and become even better. We believe that training should be well planned, well prepared, fit for purpose and delivered by trainers who are motivational and inspirational, trainers who can make learning interesting and fun, trainers who can and will make a difference to your people and your organizations. We believe that a team effort can make any organisation to reach the zenith. So each and everyone associated with us are important to us. The students will also have their integral part in our company. Our students can:
- Choose right course according to his academic background so that we can provide him/her better career opportunities and can become reason behind their success
- Get the IT industry exposure by providing proper assistance and guidelines.
- Handle software projects independently.
- Discuss and Learn
We provide end to end services in the areas of:
- Mobile application Development :Our fast paced and hands on class starts from setting up the Android Development Environment and takes the students all the way to publication off an application on Android market place. We conduct classes that take the candidates all the way to develop an application on the Android world. The course covers the Android SDK and the details of its building blocks, UI, inter process communication, threading, graphics, media, networking, locations, sensors as well as native application implementation in C/C++. Synchronous is a unique company to start full fledge training centre for android and I-phone based application development for the first time in Ranchi. Cling to us to climb in the field of iPhone development. We assure to provide you a course curriculum better than any other training centres in Ranchi.
- Windows Application Development: We offer advance courses on C#, Winform.Net, RDBMS, Ado.Net, Database Design C, C++, JAVA, J2EE, MySQL. Server,.Net. Design and build a GUI that provides the expected end-user experience and UI functionality.
- Web Designing
- Software Testing and other services.
Technicality with proper presentation is the demand of the IT industry. We also extend our helping hand to improve your:
- Soft Skill
- Personality Development
- Public Speaking
- Body Language
- Communication skills
- Interview preparation.
Synchronous commits to make you an IT savvy not just a software professional. We don’t train IT passionate we create them. Technical aptitude with proper presentation is the perfect chemistry for hitting good salary packages. Synchronous team is always there to guide the students in a wider spectrum so that our progression becomes your growth!
Posted by :
Synchronous IT Lab Pvt. Ltd.